Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sunset from Oceanside Beach

64986

We're having a stretch of beautiful spring-like weather here in Oregon this week, so it's been a good time to have some free time and be able to be outside.  Last weekend, I had thought about taking a trip to the beach, but the weather was rainy so I stayed home.  This afternoon, I realized that I could go to the beach on a weekday if I wanted to... so I did!  I hopped in my car and two hours later I was driving up to Oceanside beach, my new favorite spot on the coast.

64764

64833

I was a little disappointed when I looked at the tide charts before leaving, as high tide peaked at 3:00 and I thought that would be way too early to make for interesting sunset shots at 5:40.  Turns out it was a good thing, when I arrived at 4:30 the water was still fairly high... I couldn't walk on the sandy beaches, it was a lot of stumbling on the rocky upper beach.

64906

64927

The thin clouds in the sky were perfect and I was really lucky to get such an amazing sunset.  It's always a risk with sunsets, clouds can disappear in less than an hour, so catching the right clouds just takes luck.  I had some tonight.

64935

64996

Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Just beautiful. Nice job.