Monday, January 11, 2010

My First 2010 Industrial Shoot

61612

I realized the other day that I haven't done an industrial shoot in months.  I think the last one I did was in October, when the sunset was creeping around 6:30 or so and I stopped in North Portland after work.  Maybe there was a failed attempt after that, all I know for sure is that my macro lens hasn't been on my camera for months.  I decided yesterday was the day to correct that.

61606

Scanning Google Maps, I found a new pocket of industrial area that I was eager to check out.  I drove out there and realized that everything in the area was fenced off or really remote.  For some reason, I'm not as bold when it comes to approaching remote places as I used to be.

61637

Luckily, I had a backup plan.  I drove across the river and stopped in <s>beautiful</s> downtown Vancouver Washington.  I hadn't visited for a year or so, and thought that maybe I'd be able to find something interesting and new.  Unfortunately, I was mostly wrong.

61630

I visited the train yard and walked around downtown, but didn't find a lot of things to catch my eye.  I was surprised at how little was going on at the train station... maybe it was the Sunday afternoon that kept it slow.

61649

I came home after sunset, happy that I had gotten some exercise and out of the apartment.  I parked my car in the new garage (yes, I've changed again) and realized that I hadn't taken any picture of this new space.  So I shot a few until I heard the garage door opening and someone coming in.  Then I tried to scramble and pretend I was putting my camera away into the trunk of my car.  Just a casual guy leaving, not some weirdo taking pictures of the garage.  Heh.

61673

61681

61687

No comments: