Monday, December 7, 2009

Some Long Overdue Photo Catching-Up

60935

How is that for a clunky title?

I don't think it's any secret that I haven't been posting lately.  Most of my evenings are spent playing 'Medieval 2' with the occasional hour or two of online poker thrown in for good measure.  I've gone out and done a few photo shoots over the last few weeks, but haven't taken any time to put the pictures up here.  Hopefully I can correct that with this quick dump of some of the best photos I've taken over the last few weeks.

60924



60962

These first three are from an walk I did around Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge, which is sort of on the edge of Portland proper.  I used to ride my bike through here daily, back when I was interested in keeping in shape and somehow wasn't playing video games all the time.  Oh, it was that year when I didn't have a working computer.  Explains a lot.

Anyway, I had a nice little walk around there for an hour or so and managed to get a couple of nice photos.  Yay, wildlife areas!

60993



60997

The next couple are from a walk I took up to Washington Park.  I wanted to get out of the apartment, and didn't expect a lot of excitement from the photos.  And I was correct in my assessment: there was nothing exciting.  But a couple of photos worth showing, so there you go.

61038



61046

We've not had a lot of rain here (despite what you may have heard, it doesn't rain constantly in Oregon) but I did manage to get outside for one evening when it was dark and rainy.  I love the kinds of photos that can come from a good nighttime rain photo shoot, but of course they can be tricky to get.  I didn't last very long, I was cold and wet and wanted to get back to my beloved video games.

61069



61085

I don't think my post-sunset shots of the Willamette River and downtown need any sort of description.  So why am I typing here exactly?

61130





Finally, last week I had Thursday off, and woke up before sunrise to head down to the waterfront and get some rare sunrise photos.  Which came out pretty much as I expected: pretty and sunny.  So there you go!  Hope you've enjoyed.

No comments: