Thursday, September 3, 2009

Photos from the Waterfront Concert (95.365 and a bonus shot)


There was a concert downtown at the waterfront, and I managed to get down there in time to see some ballet dancers take the stage. This was unexpected and proved to be an interesting shoot.


95.365

The lights on the stage were really bright and I was able to play around a bit with a variety of shutter speeds... and still usually ended up with a too-bright shot. I had a lot of them come out pretty good, this mysterious one was my favorite, even though there isn't really a clear view of any of the dancers.

That image is my 95 shot, and it's also slightly cropped.

The Oregon National Guard brought out their artillery to help the Oregon Symphony with their rendition of the 1812 Overture.

I've never shot them before and had no idea what to expect. They are very tricky to shoot, and since they only fired them about five or six times each (in rapid succession!) I didn't really get a chance to look at what I was getting.

95.365 FAIL

As you can see... not much. I think next year, I'll just get in close and see if I can get something a little more interesting.

This bonus shot (which was the primary goal) is cropped and slightly brightened.

No comments: